What is CBD and CBD Oil?
CBD. We bet 9 out of 10 people have heard of it. CBD is the hottest wellness product on the market. If you live in a state where it’s currently legal, you might feel CBD is available everywhere you turn. Coffee shops selling CBD lattes, spas offering CBD facials, pet stores selling CBD oil for your 4 legged friends, and beauty companies, like our Lea Black Beauty Shop, are making products with CBD or hemp oils in their formulas.
Even though it seems to be taking over the health and wellness industries, many people still find CBD confusing. We are here to tackle CBD and CBD oil, as well as some other useful information on using it in your skincare routine.
What is CBD?
According to the U.S. National Library of Medicine, “Cannabidiol (CBD) is a chemical compound from the Cannabis Sativa plant, which is also known as marijuana or hemp.”
It’s a naturally occurring substance used in many different products, from essential oils to beauty and cosmetics. CBD has been known to give a feeling of relaxation and calm. However, unlike the full cannabis plant, CBD does not contain THC, which is the primary concern of people unfamiliar with the subject.
How does CBD work?
CBD can interact with our bodies in a variety of ways. One of the main ways is by imitating and increasing the effects of the compounds in our bodies called “endogenous cannabinoids.” These “endocannabinoids” make up what scientists refer to as the “endocannabinoid system.”
The endocannabinoid system plays a critical role in regulating a broad range of physiological processes that affect our everyday experience. These include our mood, energy level, immune activity, blood pressure, bone density, glucose metabolism, and how we experience pain, stress, hunger, and more.
When the endocannabinoid system isn’t functioning correctly or is off-balance, many health issues can arise. By changing and enhancing the endocannabinoid system, CBD can help slow or stop disease progression.
What is CBD Oil?
There are many ways to use CBD, from gummies to lotion. Perhaps one of the more popular methods is Cannabis oil. CBD oil is made by extracting CBD from the cannabis plant, then diluting it with a carrier oil like coconut or hemp seed oil.
How to use CBD oil
Once CBD oil is made, it can be put into capsules and taken orally or rubbed on your skin.
How CBD Oil Can Help
The FDA does not regulate CBD and CBD Oil, and further research has to be done. But there are many ways CBD oil has shown to help:
- Pain Management – CBD can reduce chronic pain by impacting this receptor activity, reducing inflammation, and interacting with neurotransmitters. Currently, research is underway to determine the extent to which CBD can help with conditions such as arthritis and multiple sclerosis.
- Brain Health – A recent article published by MBG Health highlighted recent research into CBD oil and its benefits for brain health, specifically to protect the brain from diseases such as Alzheimer’s and dementia. It can help prevent free radical damage, reduce inflammation, protect the cells in the brain, and generate new ones.
- Heart Health and Blood Pressure – New research published by the American Society for Clinical Investigation indicates that CBD may be an efficient, natural approach to lower high blood pressure. The anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties in CBD oil can also help to prevent heat-related illnesses.
- Support for Cancer Patients –There is increasing research that supports the efficacy of CBD oil in treating some symptoms related to cancer treatment, such as nausea and pain.
- Sleeplessness and Anxiety – CBD oil has been safely used to treat anxiety, including insomnia and PTSD.
- Other Benefits –Research suggests that CBD oil may be used to treat acne and other skin issues as well.
CBD Oil and Skincare
CBD skin care is readily found in beauty brands across the nation. Our products, found here at the Lea Black CBD Cosmetics Shop, see the anti-aging, hydrating, revitalizing, and support of skin’s healing process that CBD brings. Clients are left with smooth, clear, and even textured skin, resulting in fewer fine lines and wrinkles.
Want to learn how Lea Black CBD Cosmetics can work for your skin? Visit our website for more information and to learn what products are right for you!
How CBD should be used depends mostly on what it’s being used for. We always recommend speaking with your doctor before starting any CBD products as it hasn’t been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for any medical uses, and it can have side effects.
Recommended article: Everything You Need To Know About CBD Skincare